[EERG] Minutes EERG IRTF 84 meeting

JinHyeock Choi jinchoe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 00:42:41 CEST 2012

Dear Damien

thanks for your trouble
and here are some clarifications.

> Q? (Russ Verisign?):
>            - do you think there is enough return on investment on shutting
> down interfaces, do you measure it really is worth?
>
> R! (Samsung)
>            only 20W are necessary to send but up to now we consume up to
> 1,000W, so there is room for improvement
>
>            [DSA= 1,000W or 100W?]
>            [DSA= not understood the name of who is we]

In ideal condition,
Base station (BS) needs roughly 20 watt to send 1 Mbps
but some researchers in Green Touch estimates that
current cellular networks consume
3887 watt (urban area) and 1296 watt (dense urban area) per Mbps.

Take notice that the above value depends on
how BSs are deployed, how BS consumps power
and how traffic fluctuates in time domain.

Best regards

JinHyeock